The Sea & Sea YS-D2 Japan Underwater Strobe is the latest in a line of very popular strobes for underwater photography. Compact, powerful and quick to recycle, the YS-D1 took the dive world by storm.
The Sea & Sea YS-D2 Japan Underwater Strobe builds on this success, adding some new features and addressing some of the minor “inconveniences” of the previous model. We decided to test the new YS-D2 against the YS-D1. Kelli also took two demo YS-D2s to the Sea of Cortez for a week of real-world testing. This is what we’ve found.
• Guide Number (ISO 100/m) (land)] : 32, 24 (with Diffuser 100 attached), 20 (with Diffuser 120 attached)
• Beam Angle: 80°x80° (without Diffuser), 100°x100°(Diffuser 100), 120° x 120° (Diffuser 120)
• Batteries: 4xAA A: 6V Ni-MH: 4.8V [Number of Flashes *1] : A: 150 Ni-MH: 200
• Recycle time (full) *2 : A: 3.0 sec. Ni-MH: 1.5 sec.
• Color temperature: 5600K
• Color temperature w/diffuser : 5250K
• Depth rating : 100m / 330ft
• Dimensions (WxHxD) （Excluding protruding part(s) and the arm holder.）: 89x133x116mm / 3.5 x 5.2 x 4.6 inches
(incl. YS base but excluding protruding parts)
• Weight: 623g / 22.0oz (w/o batteries) (inc. YS-mount and fixing bolt. Without batteries)
• Underwater weight: Approx.+40g / 1.4oz (incl. batteries)
• Exposure control: DS-TTL II, Slave TTL, Light level control dial (GN): 1 / 1.4 / 2 / 2.8 /4 / 5.6 /8 / 11 / 16 / 22 / 32 (11 steps)
• Pre-flash control: Equipped with pre-flash cancel mode DS-TTL II
function Slave function Auto power OFF function
• Sync cord: 5-pin Sync cord/N, Fiber-Optic Cable Over-pressure relief valve LED target light (output is adjustable in 2 steps) Audible charge signal
1. Fixing Bolt
2. Ball Mount Strobe Adaptor
5. Red filterx2
* When the YS-D2 is used with a camera with built-in flash in housing, use the Fiber-Optic Cable.
* Use of genuine SEA&SEA Fiber-Optic Cables is recommended.
SEA&SEA strobes may not function properly if a third-party Fiber-Optic Cables are used (functions such as TTL auto exposure in particular).
Do not use non-recommended batteries (such as lithium primary batteries). Use of non-recommended batteries may cause battery leakage and overheating and may cause the strobe to rupture, which could result in personal injury.
We know how much people from all around the world love the latest aquatic tools and accessories. To help meet the demand, Adventure at Nature is proud to offer worldwide shipping along with everyday free shipping.
We offer 3 shipping options for all customers:
Standard International Shipping: Free with every order. We guarantee your item will arrive in 11-22 business days anywhere in the world, and 6-10 business days when shipped to the United States.
Expedite International Shipping: For a $25 flat rate, we'll ship your item using EMS, the item will arrive at your location in 5-10 business days. Please note that shipping times will depend on your country.
Express International Shipping: For a $35 flat rate, we'll ship your item using DHL or DHL, and the item will arrive at your location in 2-6 business days. Please note that shipping times will depend on your country.
We include a valid tracking number with every order so you can track the package
and monitor its status in route to its destination.
We want to make sure that you’re 100% happy and satisfied with your item. If you are unhappy with your item, you have up to 60 days after you received the package to return it to us for a full refund.
If it has been longer than the 60 day return period, we would still like to accommodate you. If you are unhappy with your product for any reason, send us a dedicated email telling us about the problem, and we will work to resolve the matter in any way that we can.